What are cookies and how are they used?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers stored on the user’s hard drive by the server of the website that he/she is visiting or by an external server (advertising, web analysis service, etc.).
Whenever you visit caruncho-tome.com, provided that you have accepted them, cookies record information that is stored in your computer’s memory.
We use this information to:
- Generate web analysis statistics.
- Adapt the presentation of our online content to the display settings on your device (language, screen resolution, operating system, etc.) when you visit our website.
- Personalize the advertising content shown on your device when you visit our web page.
- Store any data that the user enters into forms on our site.
Cookies may be generated on our site by third parties. They are created by third-party applications embedded in our website through third-party content in our advertising spaces or through external advertising services that use our advertising spaces.
These cookies are used to:
- Count the number of ads displayed in our advertising spaces, and to identify those ads and the number of users who click on each ad, etc., for the purpose of generating statistics;
- Recognize your device when you subsequently browse another site or service in which the same advertisers or third parties generate cookies, to personalize the content for your device.
Social media cookies
You can accept or reject the installation of cookies on your device at any time by changing your browser settings.
Cookies can be installed only if the user’s device accepts them. The user is free to modify this decision at any time by adjusting the browser settings on his/her device.
If the browser is configured to accept cookies, the cookies from the websites that the user visits will be temporarily stored in a single file on his/her device. These cookies can only be read by the originator of the same.
What is the advantage of accepting cookies?
Whenever you visit caruncho-tome.com, cookies collect information and store it on your device. We use this information to offer you products based on the articles that you viewed during your prior visit, making it easier for you to browse our website.
If you block cookies on your device or delete cookies from previous browsing sessions, you will be unable to benefit from a series of utilities that are required to navigate certain parts of our website. We will not be able to recognize, for example, the default language of your device, the type of browser you are using (which is necessary for us to personalize the display of our site), or the country in which your device is located.
In the event that a user blocks or deletes cookies, caruncho-tome.com shall have no responsibility for the consequences of the reduced functionality of the services offered on our website due to the inability to generate the cookies required for the operation of our website.
If you choose to reject cookies, we install a cookie called “rejection.” This cookie allows us to remember your choice; that way, we do not have to ask you if you accept or reject cookies every time you visit our site.
Different browsers have different ways of managing cookies. You can find information on this subject in your browser’s help menu.
For Internet Explorer
To customize the cookies settings for a website:
Click the Tools button and then Internet Options.
Select the Privacy tab and then Sites.
In the website address bar, enter the exact address (URL) of the website whose privacy settings you wish to customize.
For example, http://www.microsoft.com.
Then click “Block” or “Allow.”
Repeat steps 3 and 4 for every website you wish to block or allow. When you have finished, click “OK” twice.
Click the “Safari” menu and choose “Preferences.” Next click the “Privacy” tab and choose your preferred Cookies setting.
Click the Chrome menu located on the browser’s toolbar.
Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings.”
In the “Cookies” section, you can configure the options indicated as follows:
Block cookies by default.
Allow cookies by default.
Allow or block cookies for a specific site.
Click the “Tools” button and then “Options.”
Select the “Privacy Settings” tab.
In the “History” section, select “Use custom settings for history.”
Click the box to allow cookies and click “Exceptions” to select the websites you wish to (always or never) authorize to install cookies on your device.
Preferences > Advanced> Cookies
The cookies settings control the way in which Opera manages cookies. The default mode is to accept all cookies.
– Accepts all cookies from all sites (default)
Accept cookies only from the sites I visit
– Rejects third-party cookies from external sites to the one you are visiting
Never accept cookies
– Rejects all cookies
More information on cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit nearly any web page. Cookies are useful because they allow the website to remember your last visit when you return to the page. Although many people are unaware of this, cookies have been used for 20 years, since the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
What is NOT a cookie?
A cookie does not open pop-up windows and it is not a virus, a Trojan, a worm, spam nor spyware.
What information does a cookie store?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data stored is technical, personal preferences, customization of content, etc.
The web server recognizes your web browser and not you as a person. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and attempt to visit the same web with Firefox or Chrome, you’ll see that the site does not realize that you are the same person because it identifies the browser, not the person.
What kinds of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies: These are the most basic ones, and they make it possible, among other things, to know whether a human or an automated application is browsing, and when it is an anonymous or a registered user. These are basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Analysis cookies: These collect data on the type of navigation performed, the sections used most frequently, the products viewed, the time zone, the language, etc.
- Advertising cookies: These show ads based on your navigation activity, country of origin, language, etc.
What are own cookies and third-party cookies?
Own cookies are generated by the web page you are visiting, and third-party cookies are generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable cookies?
To illustrate the scope that disabling cookies may have, here are a few examples. If you disable cookies:
- You will not be able to share content from the website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform.
- The website will be unable to personalize its content for you, as often happens in online stores.
- You will no longer have access to personal areas of the website, such as My Account, My Profile or My Orders.
- Online shopping will be impossible; you will have to make your purchases over the phone or by visiting a brick-and-mortar store, if there is one in your area.
- You will not be able to customize your geographic preferences, such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will be unable to perform analytics about visitors and traffic, making it hard to be competitive.
- You will not be able to contribute to the blog, upload photos, publish comments, evaluate or rate content.
- The website will have no way of knowing whether you are a human or an automated app that publishes spam.
- It will not be able to display targeted advertising, which will reduce the web advertising revenue.
Can cookies be deleted?
Yes. Not only deleted but blocked entirely or only for a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website, you must go into your browser settings, search for the cookies associated with the domain in question and delete them.
How to configure cookies settings in the most popular browsers
Here is how to locate a specific cookie in the Chrome browser. Please note that these steps may vary depending on your browser version.
- Go to “Settings” or “Preferences” via the “File” menu or by clicking the customization icon in the upper right corner.
- You will see different sections; click Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list will appear with all cookies ordered by domain. To easily find cookies of a particular domain, enter the address partially or completely in the Search cookies field.
- After you apply this filter, it will show one or more lines with the requested web cookies. Now simply select a line and click X to delete it.
To configure cookies settings in Internet Explorer, follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options.
- Click on Privacy.
- Set the slider to adjust the desired level of privacy.
To configure cookies settings in Firefox, follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Options or Preferences, depending on your operating system.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the History section, select Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the Accept cookies option, you may enable or disable it depending on your preferences.
To configure cookies settings in Safari for OSX, follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- Here, you will see the option to Block cookies. This can be adjusted to the level of blocking you wish to activate.
To configure cookies settings in Safari for iOS, follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, where you will see the option to Block cookies. This can be adjusted to the level of blocking you wish to activate.
To configure cookies settings in the browser on Android devices, follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Open the browser and click on the Menu button, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy. You will see the Accept cookies option, which you can enable or disable.
To configure cookies settings in the browser on Windows Phone devices, follow these steps (they may vary depending on your browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings.
- Now you can click or unclick the Allow cookies box.